5 Tips to Help Increase Event Attendance
When organizing any event, you put lots of time and energy into planning by hiring the caterer, renting the space, organizing presentations or performers, decorating and so much more. You want to make sure you are able to host as many people as possible so that they can enjoy the results of all of your hard work! In order to increase event attendance, be sure to implement these 5 attendance tips!
- Save the date. When organizing an event, you need to give attendees enough notice so that they can plan on attending your event. Peoples’ calendars fill up fast, so be sure to give them plenty of notice so that they can block out their schedules! Even if all of the details aren’t in place yet, you can send out a tentative invite just to increase awareness and remind those you are inviting to look out for more information as the date approaches in the next few months or weeks. You can send formal invitations, e-invites, or even create an event page on a social media site such as Facebook. Better yet, try to integrate all of these options when possible so that people and have multiple ways to access the information about your event while at home, at work, or on the go.
- About 6 to 8 weeks before the day of the event, send out a formal invitation to remind your guests of the event and to provide them with solid, concrete event details and plans. When an invite is personal, people will feel more invested in the event and will be compelled to register for it. Provide people with a way to RSVP so that you can get a realistic estimate of how many guests to expect on the big day.
- A few days before the event, go through your RSVP list. Have you heard from everyone yet? If not, be sure to reach out to these individuals to check in. Perhaps they forgot to RSVP that they can attend. Or, they may have to decline the invite. Either way, this will provide you with a better head count so that the number of attendees doesn’t surprise you that day. Remind individuals that they only have a few more days to register. You can also provide some urgency by stating, “Hurry, only 5 seats left” to convince them to act now if they would like to come.
- Take advantage of social media sites. These sites allow you to update information regularly and notify guests of these changes instantly. You can add pictures, fliers, directions, links and more to get your guests excited while also keeping them up to date.
- Finally, ask attendees to spread the word! Word of mouth is the best way to encourage others to come to an event and get your event’s name out there and into the public. Ask attendees to share links on their Facebook pages or tell their friends about the event in person for effective marketing results.
Increasing guest numbers at your event can be done effectively and easily if you know how to approach the situation. Be sure to spread the word by communicating regularly, keeping people updated, giving advanced notice, sing social media, and taking advantage of word of mouth. If you employ all of these tricks, you will find increased attendance numbers so that more people can enjoy and benefit from this amazing event you have planned and executed! Whether you used a planning service such as Cristina Verger Event Planning and Production, or you did it yourself, you will have a successful event that people will continue talking about and praising!